Skyla Manawa Temaipi 13/10/07 - 13/6/08

Skyla Manawa Temaipi 13/10/07 - 13/6/08
Click on pic of Skyla to go to beginning of her life story. Then scroll to bottom of page

Tuesday, October 2, 2007

33wks

Had our fortnightly checkup today. Skyla now roughly weighs in at about 1534gms. I was hoping she had put on more than that but at least she has put weight on. Judging by the way Skyla has been kicking me lately, she is certainly getting stronger by the day. Its like she doesn't sleep. She kicks and moves all day long. I love it though, its the best feeling.
We also had our intensive care tour of the children's hospital today. As usual, i got upset. The reality of it all is getting too close. Its scary not knowing how its all gonna turn out. I didn't get to meet baby George today, but the fantastic news is that George is now out of intensive care and has moved to the ward. The little guy is getting better by the day. Yayyyyyyy..... Hopefully ill still get the chance to meet him and his family. It would be good having someone to talk too thats been through what i have to go through. Back to my ultasound, Skyla still has stomach and bowel up, liver down. Amniotic fluid index has come down again. So at least our baby girl isn't having trouble swallowing which is great. At my next visit i think we will make a plan as to when we will have our baby if she doesnt come by a certain date. I think it will be about wk 38 or 39. Its getting close now and im really starting to get scared. I hope its gonna be ok. Well better go now. Thanks everyone for your thoughts. We will keep you updated on Skyla's condition.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Hi Kristy,

I'm so glad that Claire's blog was a help to you. I added a link on there to Skyla's blog (I love her name!)

There is a CDH support group called Breath of Hope that you might be interested in joining. It is made up of CDH moms from all over the world and they give lots of good info and advice.

Hang in there! I completely understand how scared you are right now. I will keep checking in on Skyla's progress.