Skyla Manawa Temaipi 13/10/07 - 13/6/08

Skyla Manawa Temaipi 13/10/07 - 13/6/08
Click on pic of Skyla to go to beginning of her life story. Then scroll to bottom of page

Friday, April 4, 2008

Extubated and on cpap



1/4/08 Today Skyla was extubated at 12pm. She did really well. They put her back on the cpap mask that she absolutely hates, but so far seems to be tolerating it well. I think its because she is still on midaz and morphine. She doesn't need those drugs but they cant just turn them off or she'll get withdrawals from them. So we just have to wean her a bit each day. The morphine i bet will take weeks to get her off. I got my first cuddle today in 15 days. I was so excited. I missed it alot. We weighed her today and she has lost so much weight. She did weigh 4.1kg, now she weighs 3.8kg. That was my sons birth weight and Skyla is 6mths in a week. I just hope she can move forward now that she is over the flu. It really took a lot out of my little darlin.

No comments: