Skyla Manawa Temaipi 13/10/07 - 13/6/08

Skyla Manawa Temaipi 13/10/07 - 13/6/08
Click on pic of Skyla to go to beginning of her life story. Then scroll to bottom of page

Sunday, November 18, 2007

PLAN TO EXTUBATE TOMORROW


18/11/07 I left before Drs rounds today as we had Blakes Rugby League presentation. He got best and fairest for the third year in a row. Well done Blake. We got back to the hospital and realized they had weaned her ventilator nearly right down. I asked the nurse if there was a plan to extubate her soon. I was so excited as she said Monday or Tuesday. We asked the Dr when her came round and he reckons it is gonna happen tomorrow. YAYYYYYYYY!!!!!!! I am so excited. I just hope it all goes to plan and Skyla is really ready for this next big step. They say she might need cpap for 24hrs or so, (a mask giving her a little bit of oxygen) but the tube will be definitley coming out. Fingers crossed it happens tomorrow. I cant wait. I will definitley have lots of photos to upload soon. YAYYYYYYYYY

No comments: